Blaydon Car Boot Sale is one of the most popular events in Newcastle, attracting thousands of people every weekend and Wednesday. It is a great opportunity to find cheap and unique items, support local businesses and charities, and have fun with friends and family.
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Blaydon Car Boot Sale, from how to get there and what to bring, to how to find the best deals and avoid scams. Read on to discover the secrets of this amazing event!
Table of Contents
How to get there and what to bring
- How to get there: Blaydon Car Boot Sale takes place at Blaydon Park, a large green space near the River Tyne. You can get there by car, bus, train or bike. There is free parking available on site, but it can get busy during peak times. Alternatively, you can park in nearby streets and walk to the event.
- What to bring: You should bring some cash, a bag or basket to carry your purchases, and some water and snacks. You should also wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and bring a hat or sunscreen if it’s sunny.
What to expect from the stalls and sellers
Blaydon Car Boot Sale has a variety of stalls and sellers, offering everything from clothes and accessories, to books and CDs, to antiques and collectibles.
You can find some rare and unusual items, as well as some bargains and steals. You can also meet some friendly and helpful people, who may offer you advice or tips on what to buy or sell.
How to find the best bargains and avoid scams
Blaydon Car Boot Sale is a great place to find cheap and unique items, but you should also be careful and smart when shopping. Here are some tips to help you find the best bargains and avoid scams:
- Do your research: Before you go, check online or ask around for the prices and quality of the items you are interested in. You can also compare different stalls and sellers, and see what they have in stock.
- Be realistic: Don’t expect to find everything you want or need at Blaydon Car Boot Sale. Some items may be overpriced or low-quality, so don’t be too hasty or desperate. Also, don’t pay more than you are willing to spend, or accept something that is damaged or defective.
- Be cautious: Don’t trust strangers or accept offers from people who seem shady or suspicious. Always check the item before you buy it, and ask for proof of authenticity or warranty if possible.
How to enjoy the atmosphere and have fun
Blaydon Car Boot Sale is not only a place to shop, but also a place to socialise and have fun. Here are some ways to enjoy the atmosphere and have fun at Blaydon Car Boot Sale:
- Be friendly: Smile, greet and chat with the stall owners and sellers, and other visitors. You may make some new friends or discover some interesting stories. You may also get some free samples or discounts if you are polite and generous.
- Be adventurous: Explore the different stalls and sellers, and see what they have to offer. You may find something that catches your eye or sparks your curiosity. You may also find something that surprises you or makes you laugh.
- Be creative: Bring your own bag or basket, and use it to carry your purchases.
How to deal with parking, traffic and public transport issues
Blaydon Car Boot Sale can be a hassle to get to and from, especially if you are driving. Here are some tips to deal with parking, traffic and public transport issues at Blaydon Car Boot Sale:
- Plan ahead: Check the weather and road conditions before you go, and leave early if possible. You can also use online maps or apps to find the best route and parking spot. You can also use public transport or bike if you prefer.
- Be flexible: Be prepared for any changes or delays that may occur during the event. You may encounter some traffic jams or road closures, or some parking shortages or overflows. You may also need to walk or cycle some distance to reach the event.
- Be patient: Don’t get frustrated or angry if you face some problems or inconveniences. Try to stay calm and positive, and look for alternative solutions or options. You may also find some help or support from the staff or volunteers at the event.
Blaydon Car Boot Reviews
Blaydon Car Boot Sale has received mixed reviews from customers and visitors. Some people have praised the event for its variety, quality and value of items, as well as its friendly and helpful atmosphere.
Others have complained about the event for its poor parking, traffic and public transport issues, as well as its lack of security and hygiene standards. Here are some examples of actual reviews from different sources:
- “I love this car boot sale! There is so much to see and buy, and the prices are reasonable. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and they always have a smile on their face. I found some great bargains and treasures here, such as a vintage dress, a leather jacket and a pair of sunglasses. I would definitely recommend this car boot sale to anyone who loves shopping!”
- “This car boot sale is a nightmare! The parking is terrible, there is no sign or direction to find it. The traffic is horrendous, there are queues for miles on the road. The public transport is unreliable, there are no buses or trains nearby. The event itself is chaotic, there are too many stalls and sellers, and they don’t follow any rules or regulations. The items are cheap and low-quality, there are many broken or damaged goods. I would not recommend this car boot sale to anyone who values their time or money.”
- “This car boot sale is okay. It has some nice items, but not many or good ones. The parking is fine, but not ideal. The traffic is manageable, but not pleasant. The public transport is easy to get to, but not very convenient. The event itself is lively, but not very organized. There are some friendly sellers, but also some rude ones. There are some fun activities, but also some boring ones.”
Blaydon Car Boot Sale is a great event for anyone who loves shopping, supporting local businesses and charities, and having fun with friends and family. It is a place to find cheap and unique items, as well as to meet some friendly and helpful people.
However, it also has some drawbacks, such as poor parking, traffic and public transport issues, as well as lack of security and hygiene standards. Therefore, you should plan ahead, be flexible, patient and cautious when visiting Blaydon Car Boot Sale.